Here are questions we are often asked. Have other questions? Give us a call!
What should I do when I’m in an accident?
- Stop the vehicle immediately and remain calm.
- If anyone is injured, call 911.
- Move cars off to the side of the road and out of the way of traffic if it is safe to do so.
- Collect names, phone numbers, and addresses of parties involved, as well as any potential witnesses.
- Document the make, model, license plate, and driver’s license numbers of all cars involved.
- Take pictures of the damage and/or roughly sketch the scene showing the positions of the cars involved.
- Resist attempting on-the-scene settlements.
- Wait for law enforcement to arrive to get further instructions.
- Contact NuLook Auto Body to schedule a repair service. Rental Car Service Available with free pickup and delivery
Tips for Choosing a Repair Facility
- Familiarize yourself with body shops before you need one.
- Ask family, friends, and coworkers for referrals.
- Visit potential shops and ask for a tour.
- When you communicate with the shop, take note about how they treat customers and you.
- Ask the shop if their technicians are I-Car and ASE certified.
- Find out if the shop accepts insurance quotes.
- You have the right to use any repair shop you choose; insurance companies are not allowed to regulate choices.
- If there are differences between estimates, verify that both cover the same repairs.
- Your neighborhood or area that you live in will dictate labor rates and parts discounts.
- Ask about warranties. Guarantees can range from 30 days to lifetime (as long as you own the car).